I'm one of the sheep.


I signed up for a Twitter account. I still eschew Facebook and MySpace and will continue to. Those pages are all about collecting as many "friends" as possible so you look cool, trying to be witty in one sentence or less, brag about getting trashed and other high school/college crap I grew out of long ago. The only reason I signed up for Twitter is to accompany my new gig as a Source for http://www.associatedcontent.com. I write whatever I want, submit it, they publish it and I get paid depending on the popularity of my articles. In case I get a following there, I can update them of new articles via Twitter.

Random off-topic realization: Blogger is like writing an email to a friend and Twitter is like texting them.

AC is offering $5 for 5 articles and $10 for 10 articles published by June 30. I submitted two today and I'm definitely going to get 5 done, and then I'll shoot for the moon and go for 10. I can blabbering on about all kinds of stuff. The tricky part is finding a niche in an already-crowded site. I brainstormed and came up with several ideas, some I thought were a bit obscure so I searched for them and found them to have multiple submissions of virtually identical stuff. AC recommends unique content in order to get the highest upfront payments and hits. I'll get paid $1.50 per 1000 hits, and the earnings increase in different ways. So I take about an hour of time to bang out something that's probably already thought out and has been waiting for the right time to get transcribed, publish it, accept any upfront payments I'm offered and then sit back.

So far I've submitted two articles; one has a budget-friendly list of ideas for indoor activities for toddlers and the other is an article about how attachment parenting has made my life more difficult. I searched AC first and found nothing with the same content so YAY! I'm excited to see how this all pans out. Maybe I will make some money.

0 comments:

Free Twitter buttons from languageisavirus.com
Updates

    About Me

    My photo
    I'm a former full-time paramedic who became a stay-at-home mom. Going from life and death excitement to days filled with Blue's Clues hasn't been easy. But I wouldn't trade it for the world...well, ok, maybe for the WHOLE world.