Inactive therefore closed.


My Bank of America platinum card account disappeared yesterday from my online banking account. I called to find out what happened and they told me it was closed due to inactivity. I'm pissed to say the least. It's my second oldest line of credit and it will hurt my credit score if it's closed. I received no warning that it would be closed and that really pisses me off. When I sent a nasty email to BoA they replied that they do not send out any prior notifications for security reasons. What the hell?! Don't close my account without my knowledge, dammit! They gave me a phone number to call to reactivate my account and the nice lady on the phone who asked how she "could provide excellent customer service today" told me that a credit officer would need to look at my application. Application?! It's my account! I'm worried that they won't reopen it because they just denied a credit limit increase on my other credit card. Even though I hate talking to people on the phone, I'm going to fight them if they deny my reactivation request.

And do you want to know the terribly ironic thing about this? I was going to start using the card because I learned that inactive cards hurt your credit score! This is just further proof that god hates me.

0 comments:

Free Twitter buttons from languageisavirus.com
Updates

    About Me

    My photo
    I'm a former full-time paramedic who became a stay-at-home mom. Going from life and death excitement to days filled with Blue's Clues hasn't been easy. But I wouldn't trade it for the world...well, ok, maybe for the WHOLE world.