Kroger rocks!


Ever since I've decided that I need to get the grocery spending under control I've been looking for alternatives to Target. I thought Target was on par with Wal-Mart's prices but I guess not because I would end up spending so much more than I planned. I hate shopping at Wal-Mart, I just feel dirty being in there. So I asked around and Kroger come up as the one to try. I bought smartly at Costco, even got red peppers for $1 each, spent $87, and that includes $24 for 40lbs of dog food. I love finding out that I got a great deal. Other stores have Pepsi products on "sale" for 3 12 packs/$11; even before the $2 coups I had, the same amount of soda was $9 for Diet Dr. Pepper and $8 for Pepsi. I had stayed away from Costco because I thought it was so expensive; turns out we just impulse shopped. Oops.

After I got great bargains at Costco, we moved on to Kroger. I know I should plan our menu around what's on sale (though to my credit, I planned the meals with many of the same ingredients) but it worked out that many of the ingredients I needed were on sale. Kroger has the 10/$10 deals on many, many products and they're cool enough to charge you $1 per each item you buy; it's not some catch where you have to buy ten things like some places. After buying all I needed, plus an extra item or two for the kiddo, I spent $58! I was shocked! Kroger is my new best friend. And keep in mind that I was buying two weeks' worth of food. I would spend more than that buying a week's worth of food during my old food circuit of Tom Leonard's, Target, Trader Joe's and possibly Whole Foods. The only thing I didn't get that I wish I would've is cereal bars. The kiddo is not happy that we don't have any, but I have a recipe to make my own that I'll try.

I know, how boring to write about a grocery shopping trip, but it's the little things in life that are exciting. Right?

0 comments:

Free Twitter buttons from languageisavirus.com
Updates

    About Me

    My photo
    I'm a former full-time paramedic who became a stay-at-home mom. Going from life and death excitement to days filled with Blue's Clues hasn't been easy. But I wouldn't trade it for the world...well, ok, maybe for the WHOLE world.